GE Develops High Performance, Affordable LED Bulbs To Advance Mainstream Adoption
- Company develops LED technology to provide consumers with practical solutions that are accessible, flexible and intuitive
- GE unveils plans to introduce six new LED light bulbs at major retailers across the U.S.
EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio — Oct. 1, 2013 — (NYSE:GE) — GE Lighting has worked with major retailers to introduce new LED product lines, providing a variety of high-quality, practical LED lighting solutions at an affordable price point to boost mainstream adoption. Over the next four months, GE plans to introduce six new LED light bulbs.
GE Lighting has developed LED products with the consumers’ needs and mass market availability as the primary drivers for innovation. These latest LED lighting solutions include:
- Two low-cost, 40- and 60-watt replacement LED bulbs with dimming capabilities, providing the same warm, soft white light consumers are used to with traditional incandescent light bulbs;
- A wireless dimming LED indoor floodlight, offering more consumers with accessibility to dimming capabilities for sockets that are not connected to dimmer switches, great for those who do not want to rewire a space;
- And three GE's reveal® LED bulbs, available in 40- and 60-watt replacement and floodlight bulbs, combining two of its most innovative lighting technologies—GE's reveal® and LED—into one bulb; these bulbs deliver the energy savings of an LED while providing the clean, beautiful light synonymous with the GE's reveal® brand, specially engineered to highlight the vivid colors and patterns in a home.
“We have a rich history of offering consumers plenty of lighting options that meet a variety of needs, and that’s true today with our energy-efficient LED lighting,” says John Strainic, General Manager, Consumer Lighting for GE in North America. “GE was behind the invention of the first visible-spectrum LED more than fifty years ago, and we’re continuing to advance our LED technology to provide consumers with practical solutions that are accessible, flexible and intuitive.”
These new LED offerings use up to 80 percent less energy than a traditional incandescent bulb and add to GE Lighting’s already robust LED lighting portfolio. GE Lighting has released inspired LED products for both residential and commercial settings, from the first ENERGY STAR®-qualified A19-shaped LED bulb to an all-LED lighting building envelope for retail, commercial and industrial applications in use all over the world.
“At GE, we are committed to delivering high-quality products based on advanced technology and stringent testing standards, and we are working to drive momentum in this regard by creating the best lighting solution to suit the needs of the modern consumer,” explains Tom Boyle, Chief Innovation Manager for GE Lighting. “As we are entering the age of the ‘connected home’ where we are seeing a proliferation of intelligent devices, we want to give consumers the flexibility to create their own enhanced lighting experience with LED lighting.”
To learn more about these and other innovative consumer LED products, visit GE Lighting’s website.
About GE Lighting
GE Lighting invents with the vigor of its founder Thomas Edison to develop energy-efficient solutions that change the way people light their world in commercial, industrial, municipal and residential settings. The business employs about 14,000 people in more than 100 countries, and sells products under the reveal® and energy smart® consumer brands, and Evolve™, GTx™, Immersion™, Infusion™, Lumination™, Albeo™ and Tetra® commercial brands, all trademarks of GE. General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better. For more information, visit www.gelighting.com.