GE LED Holiday Lighting Shines Bright on the National Christmas Tree in Washington, D.C.
- GE LED lights get the nation’s capital in the holiday spirit
- New smart LED holiday lighting lets consumers program and control lighting from anywhere and customize color options
EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio — Dec. 4, 2014 — (NYSE:GE) — Tonight, the National Park Foundation, the official charity of America’s national parks, the National Park Service, and GE Lighting will unveil this year’s holiday LED lighting design for the National Christmas Tree at the 92nd annual National Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony at President’s Park. With more than 60,000 holiday LED lights on the living Colorado blue spruce, it is one of the most notable holiday displays in the United States.
“Each strand of GE LED holiday lights consumes up to 80 percent less energy than incandescent holiday lights, but still provides the festive lighting consumers love,” said Mary Beth Gotti, manager of the GE Lighting Institute and holiday lighting designer for the National Christmas Tree. “With GE LED holiday lights, consumers don’t have to compromise; they can enjoy energy savings and the inviting, glow they know and love.”
- iTwinkle: Have fun with holiday lighting with GE’s iTwinkle lights, which can be controlled using a smartphone or tablet. Users can customize their holiday lighting like never before by adding a dimmer, pattern, color, music and even a voice to their holiday displays. GE’s iTwinkle is a new way to interact with holiday lighting in a smart, simple way.
- Dual Color: Dual Color lights offer two colors on one light string. This new technology allows consumers to use either the GE Colorite Warm White or LED Multi-Color.
- ConstantON®: GE’s ConstantON® technology will save countless frustrated holiday decorators this season, with technology that ensure that if one bulb burns out, the remaining lights on the string will stay lit.
Watch the National Christmas Tree Lighting Live:
GE Lighting along with the National Park Foundation and National Park Service invite families to watch a live stream broadcast of the lighting ceremony tonight. Visit www.thenationaltree.org to find out how you can tune in live. The event will also air on public television throughout the month of December. For broadcast times, check local listings or the National Christmas Tree Lighting website.
About GE Lighting
GE Lighting invents with the vigor of its founder Thomas Edison to develop energy-efficient solutions that change the way people light their world in commercial, industrial, municipal and residential settings. The business employs about 13,000 people in more than 100 countries, and sells products under the reveal® and energy smart® consumer brands, and Evolve™, GTx™, Immersion™, Infusion™, Lumination™, Albeo™ and Tetra® commercial brands, all trademarks of GE. General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better. For more information, visit www.gelighting.com.