Not Your Traditional Ceiling Lights: GE Lumination™ LED Luminaires change the commercial lighting landscape
- Modern LED troffers produce beautiful ambient light while delivering energy and maintenance savings
- Ultra-thin recessed profile maximizes ceiling space, allows for easy installation in common grid designs
EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio – March 15, 2012 – (NYSE:GE) –
Businesses can at last bid farewell to obtrusive fluorescent tubes and distracting, dated lighting fixtures. New Lumination™ Recessed LED Troffers from GE Lighting Solutions bring the option of sleek, modern styling to traditionally uninspired commercial ceiling space. The chic, slim fixtures as thin as the width of a finger emit a crisp, pleasing light and instantly enhance the aesthetic of any room.
“The Lumination brand signals our arrival in LED fixture design and aspires to shape the future of indoor lighting,” says Steve Briggs, vice president of marketing and product management for GE Lighting Solutions. “Whether making a bold statement in your office, optimizing a selling environment to dazzle customers or creating a calming healthcare setting, these fixtures are unlike anything you’ve seen before.”
When illuminated, the Lumination Recessed LED Troffers produce a perfectly even glow, delivering exceptionally uniform light to fill the space. While off, they appear free of a light source, while fluorescent fixtures are typically visible. The ultra-thin panels (0.5 inches) fit seamlessly in most common T-bar ceiling grids and feature a built-in dimmable LED driver to help make installation less complex and time consuming compared to traditional fixtures.
Utilizing highly efficient LED edge-lighting technology, the troffers consume considerably less energy than fluorescent tubes, providing annual electricity cost savings of up to 26 percent.
Lumination™ Recessed LED Troffer from GE Lighting Solutions
Ideal for any office, retail, healthcare or education environment, the LED troffers are available in 2’x2’ and 1’x4’ formats. Both sizes are offered in 3000K, 3500K and 4000K configurations. Compared to fluorescent lighting, they deliver many advantages including:
- A 50,000-hour (L85) life rating, helping reduce re-lamping/maintenance costs
- Integrated dimmable capability; can work with daylight harvesting control systems for additional energy savings
- Uniform light distribution; limits the number of fixtures required to light a space, minimizing initial product purchase as well as ongoing energy consumption costs
- Diffused lenses complement LED technology, providing a smooth, non-disruptive appearance across the fixture
- Design incorporates no mercury, lead or glass, making handling/disposal less of a concern while creating a viable option for healthcare and other facilities that have environmental management and RoHS-compliant policies
- Easy installation and integration into electrical systems
The troffer is the first fixture in the Lumination LED Luminaires line and was recently distinguished with an Architectural Products magazine 2011 Product Innovation Award in the ‘Lighting Interior’ category. The awards recognize outstanding product ingenuity in the built environment as judged by top experts in the field.
GE Lighting Solutions, LLC is a business of GE Lighting. Its goal is to continue to change the way commercial interior spaces are lit with the introduction of more than ten new luminaires throughout the next year and a half, such as multiple styles of troffers including linear, suspended-fixture and surface-mounted solutions. For more information, please visit www.gelightingsolutions.com
About GE Lighting
GE Lighting invents with the vigor of its founder Thomas Edison to develop energy-efficient solutions that change the way people light their world in commercial, industrial, municipal and residential settings. The business employs over 17,000 people in more than 100 countries, and sells products under the Reveal®
and Energy Smart®
consumer brands, and Evolve™, GTx, Immersion ™, Infusion ™, Lumination™ and Tetra®
commercial brands, all trademarks of GE. General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better. For more information, visit www.gelighting.com