Find Weekend Makeover Projects and Instructions on GELighting.com Website
When readers visit the GE Lighting website, www.gelighting.com, between now and the end of March 2008, they can find great home improvement ideas that are quick, easy and light on the wallet.
• Photo gallery: Turn a hallway or entryway into a family art gallery, using a kraft paper template to easily organize artwork and add track lighting to highlight the finished result
• Inspiring wWalls: Bring texture and designer style to a bathroom by painting a plaid pattern onto one wall, and use the right light to bring out new colors and textures
• Redefining a room: Turn a drab laundry room into a multifunctional space — perfect for hobbies and crafts, and use lighting specifically designed for each area
• Set the mood: Create a welcoming and relaxing bedroom space with a new headboard plus window treatments, and layer with light to show off the new look
• Entertaining gatherings: Create a visual separation between the cooking and socializing areas in the kitchen by using lighting
HGTV designer Carey Evans and host Brian Cooper show how using the right light in the right fixture can make all the difference in the rooms of a home.
Website visitors can enjoy viewing individual video episodes on the website and download step-by-step instructions and shopping lists for each lesson. While supplies last, you can request a free Right Light, Weekend Project DVD that includes all five lessons.
While on the website, click the link to Design with Light and find lighting tips that can bring a home to life with interior lighting. Lighting can give form and texture to a room, warm a dark corner, highlight a favorite piece of art, or create just the right mood. Just click on the room of your choice to find more about the layers, colors and quality of lighting.
Enter to win home makeover money
The GE Right Light Weekend Project Sweepstakes gives website visitors a chance to enter to win the grand prize and receive a check for $25,000. Or they could be one of 100 first prize winners who win a check for $500 to use as they please towards redesigning rooms in their home. In addition, 500 winners will win $50 spending money which can be used toward designing. Complete rules for the sweepstakes and the answers to most commonly asked questions are available on the website.