Award-Winning GE Evolve™ LED Contemporary Domed Area Light Provides Long Life, Energy Efficiency, and Exceptional Optics
“A lot has changed in outdoor lighting in the past 100 years, but LED technology is poised to truly change the industry,” says Owen Shipler, senior marketing manager, GE Appliances and Lighting. “Our fixtures are built on GE's decades of experience with LEDs and designed specifically as LED fixtures. Landscape architect and lighting designer customers examining this new fixture will appreciate the wide range of photometric options and designs that we're offering.”
The GE Evolve LED contemporary domed area light features:
- A die-cast aluminum housing with cast heat sinks to transfer heat away from the electrical components, adding to its long LED life;
- A complete inside-outside coating of polyester paint for superior corrosion resistance;
- An impact-resistant lens;
- Excellent cold-weather performance; and
- RoHS compliance since it's a mercury-free lighting solution.
GE Lighting Solutions consists of GE Lighting's light-emitting diode systems operation based in Cleveland and its commercial and industrial lighting fixture group in Hendersonville, North Carolina. The units were combined earlier this year to support a strategy to serve as an industry-leading solutions provider for the rapidly growing indoor and outdoor fixture segments that use LED systems and other energy-efficient lighting technologies.